SCMYP is committed to equipping youth workers to be effective leaders as they seek to impact young people in their local church context. We have found that the
best way to accomplish this goal is through individual and group coaching. Coaching, in its essence, seeks to partner with youth leaders in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and ministry potential.
Individual coaching with the director of SCMYP – Chris Lynch is available to any youth worker who serves in a United Methodist Church in SC free of charge. If you feel like a coaching relationship would benefit you and your church, simply sign up online for an hour long coaching session with Chris Lynch. Once you sign up for a time, you should receive an email confirming your time and date. If you have any questions, reach out to Chris at email@example.com.
In addition to individual coaching SCMYP offers a group coaching cohort during each school year. We are excited to offer another round of SCMYP Leaders Coaching Cohorts in the Fall 2021. Registration will open soon for youth workers across the SC Annual Conference to participate in this coaching program. Below is an overview of the SCMYP Coaching Cohort program.
- Participants will discover tools to evaluate and strengthen the effectiveness of their local church youth ministry.
- Participants will grow in their personally in their faith in Christ as you cannot lead others to a place that you have not been.
- Participants will become immersed as an integral part of a community of colleagues that understand “the tribe” that is youth workers.
- 6 group gatherings with youth workers across the SC Annual Conference comprised of two elements: 1) youth ministry training and 2) personal and/or corporate spiritual reflection. In addition to the group gatherings, each participant will have access to up to six hour-long, individual coaching calls (one each month) that offers the participant coaching around a self-identified area of youth ministry and/or personal growth. There will be two tracks of the program offered with a minimum of 4 persons per track ; one for full-time youth workers and a second for part-time and/or volunteer youth workers.
- Full Time Track
- Group Meetings on Mondays from 10-noon at the SC UMC Conference Office OR via Zoom
- Part Time Track
- Group meetings on Saturday mornings from 10-noon at Conference office OR via Zoom
The cost for the program of the SCMYP Leaders Coaching Cohort is $100/person. The fee includes group and individual coaching sessions, plus resources for each session (including books) .
GROUP SESSION TOPICS
- Personal Spiritual Growth
- Defining Your Why? – Mission & Vision
- Youth Ministry vs. Youth Program
- Defining Success In Youth Ministry
- Building Sustainable Youth Ministries
- Building a Volunteer Team for Youth Ministry
Space is limited to ten participants per track, and is available on a first come, first served basis. If you have questions or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org