SCMYP is committed to equipping youth leaders to be effective leaders as they seek to impact young people in their local church context. We have found that the best way to accomplish this goal is through individual and group coaching. Coaching, in its essence, seeks to partner with youth leaders in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and ministry potential.
To that end, registration is now open for another round of SCMYP Leaders Coaching Cohorts beginnings in the Fall 2023. Below is an overview of the SCMYP Coaching Cohort program.
- Participants will discover tools to evaluate and strengthen the effectiveness of their local church youth ministry.
- Participants will grow in their personally in their faith in Christ as you cannot lead others to a place that you have not been.
- Participants will become immersed as an integral part of a community of colleagues that understand “the tribe” that is youth leaders.
- 6 group gatherings with youth leaders across the SC Annual Conference comprised of two elements: 1) youth ministry training and 2) personal and/or corporate spiritual reflection. In addition to the group gatherings, each participant will have access to up to six hour-long, individual coaching calls (one each month) that offers the participant coaching around a self-identified area of youth ministry and/or personal growth. There will be two tracks of the program offered with a minimum of 4 persons per track ; one for full-time youth workers and a second for part-time and/or volunteer youth workers.
- Full Time Track
- October 19th 10:30am-2:00pm
- November 16th 10:30am-2:00pm
- January 11th 10:30am-2:00pm
- February 15th 10:30am-2:00pm
- March 14th 10:30am-2:00pm
- April 11th 10:30 am- 2:00pm
- Part Time Track
- October 21st 10:30am-2:00pm
- November 18th 10:30am-2:00pm
- January 13th 10:30am-2:00pm
- February 10th 10:30am-2:00pm
- March 16th 10:30am-2:00pm
- Aprl 13th 10:30am-2:00pm
The cost for the program of the SCMYP Leaders Coaching Cohort is $100/person.
GROUP SESSION TOPICS
- Personal Spiritual Growth
- Architecture of youth Ministry
- Alchemy/Culture & Defining Your Why
- Building Relationships
- Discipleship systems
- Building volunteer teams
Space is limited to ten participants per track, and is available on a first come, first served basis. Registration is now open. If you have questions or for more information please email email@example.com
If you prefer one on one coaching catered to your specific context, our director of SCMYP, Chris Lynch is available at no cost to you as a local church leader in the SC Annual Conference. If you feel like a coaching relationship would benefit you and your church, simply sign up online for an hour long coaching session with Chris Lynch. Once you sign up for a time, you should receive an email confirming your time and date. If you have any questions, reach out to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.