Welcome to the 2020 UMCSC Youth Basketball Tournament
January 10-12, 2020
The 2020 SCMYP Basketball Tournament Committee is busy making plans for January’s event! We are excited to announce a few changes:
- Churches that have never registered a team or that haven’t participated in the last 2 years can enter 1 team for FREE!
- There is a set fee of $200 for registration this year, no early bird or late fees. Registration begins on October 1 and ends on December 20.
- We will attempt to schedule two pools of play per division, one pool being for teams that are looking for competitive play, the other being for teams that might be less competitive teams and are looking for more of the spiritual, fun aspect of the weekend. Churches can register teams in different pools. Please keep in mind that this new concept will only be feasible if we have enough participation. Coaches and church leaders will see a place on the registration form to indicate which pool of play each team prefers.
January’s tournament is being held in Lexington (Columbia District) for the as we make a return, with Mt. Horeb UMC again serving as our host church. A Friday night social is planned (pizza, games, DJ), and all teams are encouraged to attend. A Sunday morning worship service will be held at Mt. Horeb UMC as well.
If your church has participated before, you know how much fun it is. If not, please consider putting a team or two together. Updates, tips and reminders can be found on the SCMYP Facebook page.
- January 10, 2020
- 5pm-9pm Pool Play for all Divisions
- 9pm Pizza Social @ Mt. Horeb UMC
- January 11, 2020
- 8am-6pm Pool Play for all Divisions
- 7:15pm-10:15pm Consolation and Semifinal Games
- January 12, 2020
- AM Worship @ Mt. Horeb UMC Time TBA
- 12pm-4pm Championship Games @ TBD
We strive to promote Christian fellowship amongst youth across our conference and supply outreach opportunities for local churches.
2020 Tournament Central (Coming Soon)
For more information about the Conference Youth Basketball Tournament call Doris Seals in the Conference office at (803) 786-9486 or e-mail email@example.com.