Welcome to the 2019 UMCSC Youth Basketball Tournament
January 11-13, 2019
The 2019 SCMYP Basketball Tournament Committee is busy making plans for January’s event! We are excited to announce a few changes:
- Churches that have never registered a team or that haven’t participated in the last 2 years can enter 1 team for FREE!
- There is a set fee of $200 for registration this year, no early bird or late fees. Registration begins on October 1 and ends on December 20.
- We will attempt to schedule two pools of play per division, one pool being for teams that are looking for competitive play, the other being for teams that might be less competitive teams and are looking for more of the spiritual, fun aspect of the weekend. Churches can register teams in different pools. Please keep in mind that this new concept will only be feasible if we have enough participation. Coaches and church leaders will see a place on the registration form to indicate which pool of play each team prefers.
January’s tournament is being held in Camden (Hartsville District) for the first time and Lyttleton Street UMC (LSUMC) is the host church. A Friday night social is planned (pizza, games, DJ), and all teams are encouraged to attend. A Sunday morning worship service will be held at LSUMC, with Rev. Robin Deese, the Hartsville District Superintendent, delivering the message.
If your church has participated before, you know how much fun it is. If not, please consider putting a team or two together. Updates, tips and reminders can be found on the SCMYP Facebook page.
- January 11, 2019
- 5pm-9pm Pool Play for all Divisions
- 9pm Pizza Social @ Lyttleton St. UMC
- January 12, 2019
- 8am-6pm Pool Play for all Divisions
- 7:15pm-10:15pm Consolation and Semifinal Games
- January 13, 2019
- 9am Worship @ Lyttleton St. UMC
- 12pm-4pm Championship Games @ Camden High School
We strive to promote Christian fellowship amongst youth across our conference and supply outreach opportunities for local churches.
2018 Tournament Central (Coming Soon)
For more information about the Conference Youth Basketball Tournament call Doris Seals in the Conference office at (803) 786-9486 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.