Nominations for the 2018 Global Young People’s Convocation (GYPC) in July of 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa are now being accepted. GYPC is the global event of United Methodist young people. It is held once every four years for the purpose of:
- Celebrating the mission and vitality of young people in the United Methodist Church
- Raising the joys and concerns of young people from the global community
- Developing young people as leaders for effective ministry in local churches and communities of faith
- Highlighting emerging trends in youth and young adult ministry
- Providing a common forum that embraces the global reality of the church.
The GYPC also has a Legislative Forum, which is the venue for proposing and discussing legislation related to issues of concern to young people. The 2016 General Conference of the UMC approved a proposal to change the legislation part of the GYPC
from a formal “assembly” to a “forum.”
If you know a young person age 12-30 that could be a great delegate for the Southeast Jurisdiction and the South Carolina Conference, please NOMINATE THAT YOUNG PERSON TODAY! Nominations will only be accepted until August 15, 2017, so don’t delay. For more information or to nominate a young person age 12-30, please click on the image below!